Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
This Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe is really creamy, thick, and simple to make. Packed with hearty shredded chicken and beans, it's a crowd-pleasing soup that is filled with your favorite Mexican flavors and also very soothing and so tasty.
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee or avocado oil
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp fried oregano
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup mexican shredded cheese blend for garnishing
- 14 ½ oz black beans rinsed 1 can
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 15 oz diced fire-roasted tomatoes 1 can
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweet corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 14 ½ oz red kidney beans rinsed 1 can
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Melt butter or ghee then add avocado if using. In a large-stockpot over medium-high-heat add celery, carrots, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cook till softens, for 5-6 minutes.
Stir in seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste & chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or till vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat and with a hand blender, blend the soup till smooth and creamy. Set the soup back over medium-heat and put in in beans, corn and shredded cooked chicken.
Stir to blend and then boil for a few minutes, simply to heat up it. Then pour into bowls and top with shredded cheese along with your favorite toppings.