Quinoa and veggies power bowls are Ideal for meal-prep or weeknight-dinner. They’re is vegan, gluten-free, healthy and so tasty.
These bowls really have everything: fiber, protein, heart-healthy fats, plus a ton of micronutrients. And you can completely customize the ingredients to include any grain you’ve got on hand.
For the sauce, I keep it simple with a honey-Dijon vinaigrette. It is really a basic sauce over here which needs minimum components and is super flexible. But in lieu of this sauce, you may add a dollop of hummus or your own preferred bottled dressing rather.
These bowls can up to 3-4days at the refrigerated. The veggies, grains, and greens are hardy enough to be chilled and reheated.
Quinoa and Veggie Power Bowls
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 14-16 oz brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash from 1 small squash
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups lower-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt divided
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided sub avocado oil
- 2-3 handfuls of chopped kale
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- sliced avocado for topping optional
For the Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey sub maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange brussels sprouts onto a baking-sheet and toss with 1 tbsp oil, adobo-sauce, maple-syrup and 1/2 tsp salt.
- On another baking-sheet, throw butternut-squash with remaining 1 tbsp oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and ½ tsp salt. Put both baking-sheets from the ove, and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through or till tender.
- Combine quinoa and broth in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook till quinoa is fluffy and fluid is absorbed for 15 minutes. Uncover, and stir in kale, letting residual heat wilt down the leaves.
- Prepare dressing by mixing olive oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, and salt in a small-bowl stir with a whisk.
- Assemble bowls by dividing quinoa and kale mix evenly into each of 4 bowls. Divide roasted veggies on top and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with sliced avocado or toppings of choice.
Please, if you like this Quinoa and Veggie Power Bowls recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here dishingouthealth.