Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps taste even better than P. F. Chang’s Asian chicken lettuce Wraps. The result is a succulent, finely chopped chicken that’s been cooked in a delicious, savory, spicy and slightly sweet sauce.
This Asian chicken lettuce wrap recipe is delicious, healthy, and super easy to prepare. You can adjust the level of spice to make it spicy. It will be delicious with perfectly chopped chicken and served in crisp lettuce cups. The sauce is what makes it all worthwhile.
Fridge: Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps chicken stuffing (without the lettuce) will last for 7days in the fridge. You can store it in moisture free airtight containers for best results.
Freezer: The chicken stuffing can also be frozen (without the lettuce leaves), in freezer-safe bags or containers for up to 3months.
- Do not add liquid to the pot if the vegetables and chicken have released enough moisture. If the mixture feels dry or there isn’t enough moisture, add 1/3 cup of water to the pot before pressure cooking the chicken.
- Non-spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Skip adding the Jalapenos, the red pepper flakes & the sriracha from this recipe.
- Don’t pressure cook the chicken with the sauces. It will taste bland.
Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless & skinless. Chop or mince the meat finely. Thighs allowed too.
- 6-8 lettuce leaves butter lettuce, romaine or iceberg. rinsed well.
- ½ medium onion Use yellow onion. roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 small Jalapeno stalk removed & roughly chopped. Skip if heat intolerant
- ½ inch ginger peeled & roughly chopped
- ½ cup scallions only white part. chopped.
- 1 cup mushrooms I used Baby Bella
- 3 tbsp olive oil or any neutral oil
- ½ tbsp red chili flakes skip if heat intolerant
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce use low sodium variety. You can use Tamari or Light Soy Sauce or even coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sriracha Sauce skip if heat intolerant
- scallions only green part chopped
- Set the Instant-Pot to saute then set it on normal-heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, scallions, jalapeno and ginger, . Sauté for a few more minutes, or till the vegetables become limp.
- Add the chopped-chicken pieces and stir. Stir in the red-pepper-flakes. Continue to saute for about 30 seconds. Add the chopped-mushrooms. Continue to saute the chicken till it changes color completely and the vegetables are soft. It should take for 3-4 minutes.
- The vegetables and chicken will now release natural-juices. This is what need to build pressure in our Instant-Pot. 1/3 cup water can be added if the mixture feels dry.
- Cancel the saute feature. De-glaze the pot by scraping the sides and bottom with a spatula. Seal the Instant Pot’s lid. There is no need to add any liquid.
- Pressure cook on high for only 1 minute. The Instant-Pot will start to beep after the pressure cooking cycle has ended. Perform a quick pressure release manually by moving valve from sealing to venting position.
- Carefully open the lid. The result will be perfectly cooked chicken with some liquid. Add all the sauce ingredients and mix everything together. Cancel the pressure cook function and turn the Instant-Pot to saute. Turn it up to high heat.
- Let the sauce simmer till it thickens for 5-6 minutes. The sauce should adhere to the chicken, but not drip from the spoon. The chicken should be moist, but not soggy with runny sauce.
- Add the sesame-oil to the mixture and mix well. Now you have a super moist and oily chicken that can be served on lettuce leaves.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves thoroughly. Drain any excess water. Each leaf of lettuce should be placed on a separate plate. Place enough chicken on top of each leaf.
Please, if you like this Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here foodiesterminal.