This fast and simple Mediterranean Chickpea Salad includes everything, bright colours, loads of nutrients, and sufficient protein and fiber to keep you complete and fueled for hours. Naturally vegan, it is packed with plant based protein and nutrient dense vegetables.
Naturally vegan and fast and this flexible chickpea salad is full of protein, fiber, and rainbow of healthy veggies, subsequently served only with grilled pita-bread.
It is a remarkably flexible, so it is ideal for everything from dinner prep into your potluck salad or weeknight dish.
- Substitute chickpeas 3cups of cooked-from-scratch chickpeas for canned chickpeas.
- Season with salt conservatively if using canned chickpeas since they have a tendency to get a high sodium content. Taste for seasoning in the finish and add more if desired.
- Dice the vegetables to a uniform dimension of about half an inch, about the size of a chickpea, for optimal feel.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 3-days.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 1 yellow bell peper diced to ½"
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup minced fresh mint
- 2 large tomatoes diced to ½"
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 persian cucumbers diced to ½"
- ½ medium red onion diced to ½"
- ½ tsp sea or kosher salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Drain the chick peas, then move to a strainer, then rinse under warm running water till the water runs clean in the strainer.
- In a large-bowl, combine the chickpeas with the olive oil, paprika, lemon juice and salt. Stir to blend and cover the bowl and then move to the refrigerator. Marinate at least 15 minutes and around an hour.
- While though the chickpeas marinate, dice the veggies and chop the fresh-herbs.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, mint, onion, and parsley into the marinated chickpeas and toss to blend. Taste for seasoning and add extra salt, pepper, or lemon juice when necessary till the taste pops.
- Serve immediately with fresh-pita. If time allows, chill for half an hour, then serve.
Please, if you like this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here oursaltykitchen.