This vegan one-pot pasta is made with roasted red-peppers, spinach and creamy cashew rosé-sauce. You can get this on the table in approximately half an hour!
I had been inspired to create this dish with a local Italian-restaurant which serves an wonderful roasted red-pepper and spinach-pasta, however at a really wealthy (full of milk ) rosé-sauce.
Can I make this for Gluten-Free?
Just utilize a gluten-free pasta. Be aware that your cook time can alter somewhat, so test the texture of the noodles as you proceed. Should you use brown-rice , be extra cautious of the feel since they may be very mushy if overcooked.
Notes for make Creamy Vegan One Pot Pasta:
- Make certain to stir occasionally while simmering, to prevent noodles from sticking to the base of the pan.
- You may even soak the cashews in boiled water for 20 minutes to conserve time. If soaking overnight, put in the fridge.
- Adding the cashew-cream in the finish prevents the sauce from burning into the bottom of the pan.
- Add more broth throughout simmering or once you put in the cream sauce. I usually wind up adding about 1/2 cup so after heating the cream sauce.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge and consume in 4 days.
Easy Creamy Vegan One Pot Pasta
For the Sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup cashews soaked 4 hours or overnight, then drained and rinsed (see note 1)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
For the Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion small dice
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb penne 4-5 cups dry measure
- 1 10-12 oz jar roasted red peppers drained and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach
- fresh basil leaves julienned, optional
- Prepare the cream-sauce. At a high-speed blender, mix 1 cup of batter, the soaked cashews and tomato paste, till creamy and smooth. Put aside.
- Warm olive-oil in a skillet or large saucepan pan over medium-heat. Then sauté the diced onion till starting to soften, then add the garlic and continue to sauté another minute till fragrant.
- Add 3 cups of broth, the penne, nutritional-yeast, roasted red-peppers, oregano, red-pepper flakes and sea-salt and stir till ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Cover and bring to a strong simmer, then turn down heat to medium-low. Continue to simmer covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. You want the pasta to be mostly cooked before adding the cream-sauce.
- When the pasta has nearly cooked to your preferred feel, uncover and put in the cream-sauce. Stir till the noodles are evenly coated, then stir in the spinach.
- Cover for a couple of minutes to allow the spinach wilt, warm the cream-sauce and finish cooking the noodles.
Please, if you like this Easy Creamy Vegan One Pot Pasta recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here therecipewell.