Curry cashew chickpea quinoa salad packed with vegetables and delicious taste from fresh ginger, turmeric, curry powder and sweet and spicy maple glazed cashews. This fantastic vegan curry chickpea quinoa salad is simple to create for the great principal meal or healthy dish.
It is bright, bold and full of taste due to its nutritious quinoa that is infused with fresh grated ginger, curry powder, garlic powder and earthy ground turmeric. As soon as you have a bite, I promise you will not have the ability to stop. Particularly after you attempt my spicy maple glazed cashews.
This tasty vegan curry cashew chickpea quinoa salad becomes better over the course of a couple days as it marinates from the spices.
Store it in an airtight container for as many as 5-days and revel in all week. It is ideal for meal prep for a side dish or a main dish, and you may easily make it the evening before.
Curry Cashew Chickpea Quinoa Salad
For the Quinoa
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 ⅔ cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil or sub olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¾ cup frozen green peas thawed
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder or more if you want a really big curry punch
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
For the Mix-Ins
- ½ cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup shredded carrots from 1 large carrot
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ⅓ cup finely diced flat leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup finely diced cilantro
For the Maple Cayenne Toasted Cashews
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- Add quinoa and water into a medium-pot and bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for just 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, then remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork, then replace lid and permit quinoa to steam for 5-10 more minutes. While quinoa is cooking you can chop all of your veggies.
- After quinoa is done cooking, stir in chickpeas, sesame oil, peas, curry powder, ginger, garlic powder, turmeric, black pepper and salt.
- Next stir in shredded carrots, red bell pepper, red onion, dried cherries, cilantro and parsley.
- Finally create your maple cayenne toasted cashews: put cashews in a skillet over medium-heat. Toast cashews for 4-6 minutes, stirring regularly till they turn slightly golden-brown and aromatic, then turn off heat and add cayenne pepper, maple syrupand sea salt.
- Stir for a few seconds to coating cashews, then move to a plate or piece of parchment paper to cool for a couple of minutes. Cashews can stick together so try to spread them at a even layer when they’re cooling.
- Top quinoa with cashews and serve.
Please, if you like this Curry Cashew Chickpea Quinoa Salad recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here ambitiouskitchen.