Creamy Vegan White Bean Kale Soup is the ideal quick and effortless dinner if you’re searching for something hearty, wholesome, and satisfying! This creamy dish white bean and kale soup comes together in under thirty minutes.
Recipe Notes :
- If you’re trying to find a short-cut, many grocery stores now carry a pre-made mirepoix (diced carrot, onion and celery mix)! You will need about 3 cups full of this diced mix. This will help save you 5 minutes of prep time!
- While this soup sits at the refrigerator, it is going to thicken up a little. I would recommend adding a splash of broth, coconut milk, heavy cream or warm water to loosen it up before reheating.
- If you are not concerned about this recipe you can substitute heavy cream instead of the coconut milk. I would use about ½-¾ cup of heavy cream instead of the 15oz. can of coconut milk.
- The coconut-milk is wholly optional in this recipe. If you want a more brothy and not as creamy-soup, don’t hesitate to leave out the coconut milk. In addition, don’t worry — that the taste of the coconut milk is actually concealed by the mirepoix and also the myriad of dried herbs. It will impart only a small hint of sweetness, but you won’t really taste the coconut taste.
Creamy Vegan White Bean Kale Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt
- 3 15 oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 tbsp vinegar (apple cider, white wine, red wine, balsamic)
For the Garnish
- fresh chopped parsley
- homemade croutons
- Heat oil in a large-pot over medium-high-heat. Then add onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring frequently for 8 minutes.
- Add oregano, garlic, sage, thyme and a large-pinch of pepper and salt and cook for a few minute, stirring regularly.
- Add white beans, coconut milk and veggie broth into the pot. Stir to blend. If desired, remove 2cups of the soup mix and blend at a high-speed-blender.
- Return blended soup into the pot and bring everything to a simmer on medium-high-heat. Then turn heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and kale.
- Season to taste with pepper and salt. Garnish with croutons and fresh parsley and revel in!
Please, if you like this Creamy Vegan White Bean Kale Soup recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here midwestfoodieblog.