This Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole is not hard to create with pantry ingredients such as cream of mushroom soup. Your family members will LOVE this quick dinner recipe.
This beefy, cheesy rice casserole is the greatest way to consume the ground beef you’ve tucked away from the refrigerator or freezer. The ingredients are super easy. You will probably already have them on hand, and you will find a lot of substitution choices.
Refrigerate in an airtightcontainer for up to 3days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3months. Frozen leftovers may be microwaved for a quick-lunch.
You can to defrost in the refrigerator overnight, cover and bake in a 350° oven till warmed throughout, the quantity of time is dependent upon portion-size.
Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef 85% lean
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 tbsp butter separated
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ¼ cups uncooked white long grain rice not instant rice
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup onions diced
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 10 ½ oz cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz sliced button mushrooms washed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese separated
- ½ cup milk any kind
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown the ground-beef in a large-pot over medium-high-heat. Mix in salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings as the beef cooks.
- Drain if needed and place the ground-beef apart and cover with foil. Melt 2 tbsp butter at precisely the exact same pot. Add the diced onions and cook for 5 minutes, till softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for a few minute and keep to bring the beef broth, butter, and rice. Stir to blend. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Cover closely and cook for 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms, replace the cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Don’t stir. Turn off heat, make the cover , allow it to stand for 10 minutes without stirring. Any rice around the bottom of the pot will release in this time period.
- Add the ground-beef, cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, and half of this cheese. Stir to blend. Transfer to a lightly greased 9*13 casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Please, if you like this Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here thecozycook.